Assistance with >~95% CPU usage when calling pread64 when using LUKS

abraunegg alex.braunegg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 03:43:19 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 10 March 2019 at 20:55:16 UTC, Boris-Barboris wrote:
> On Sunday, 10 March 2019 at 19:59:40 UTC, abraunegg wrote:
>> Is there any sort of extra debugging that I could do to
>> understand what else is going on, or can you suggest any code
>> changes which may improve the reading of files?
>
> I would think about finding a better solution than this one:
> https://github.com/abraunegg/onedrive/blob/master/src/util.d#L140

Thanks - yes that function / check could be better I agree,
however that is not called when the system is simply checking the
status of any changed files & folders. That is only used when
checking if a 'new file' should be uploaded.

In the issues posted, it simply seems to be the checking of each
and every file / folder when there is zero rate of change - the
only thing here is the enumeration of DirEntry items.