dpaste.dzfl.pl is down

nazriel nazriel at dzfl.pl
Tue Mar 12 14:32:45 UTC 2019

On Saturday, 9 March 2019 at 10:24:04 UTC, bauss wrote:
> On Friday, 8 March 2019 at 15:18:41 UTC, Andrea Fontana wrote:
>> Any chance to see it online again? I need to retrieve a
>> snippet I pasted it some months ago.
>>
>> Andrea
>
> I'm aware that you are asking to retrieve a snippet but
> honestly, run.dlang.io has existed for a really long time and
> is a way better alternative.
>
> I'm not sure who ran dpaste though so I don't know who'd have
> to be contacted.

Vladimir Panteleev is usually good point of contact since he is
hosting the infrastructure for it. Or me via email since I don't
lurk that often nowdays on forum/irc.

I totally agree that run.dlag.io is way better alternative - and
I wonder if making dpaste readonly archive with "New paste" links
pointing to run.dlang.io might be good idea.

This way old snippets will be still available, old users will be
redirected to new service and we will be able to release
resources on Vladimir's server (for the backend part).

 From what I've noticed dlang.org is using run.dlang.io as run
service for examples so there is not much sense in keeping dpaste
in current form alive (also the spam ugh :D)

Best regards,
Damian