memory management and the standard library

Seb seb at wilzba.ch
Wed Mar 13 17:50:57 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 13 March 2019 at 16:45:35 UTC, Sjoerd Nijboer wrote:
> On Wednesday, 13 March 2019 at 09:05:27 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
>> std.algorithm mostly doesn't care about allocations. I guess
>> one *could* want to control how the returned ranges are
>> allocated, but I'm not sure how useful that would be.
>>
>> Otherwise, I wrote this:
>>
>> https://github.com/atilaneves/automem
>
> Automem with the vector template looks like i would expect D's
> arrays to be. Will we ever get something like this in the
> stdlib?

Maybe, see e.g. https://github.com/dlang/druntime/pull/2348

Though Phobos has been declared "stable" these days, which means
that breaking changes can't be done anymore and if you're looking
for sth. modern and nice, dub is the place these days.
I wonder if we ever get to the point where we can replace Phobos
with a modern standard library...