The state of string interpolation...one year later

Kagamin spam at here.lot
Tue Mar 19 08:13:16 UTC 2019

On Monday, 18 March 2019 at 13:05:37 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> If you look at the PR that he created, it's super-simple. It
> uses the already existing parser/lexer in the front end.

Hmm... the pr seemingly doesn't support full nested language: the
string is lexed as a normal double quoted string. This is
different from, say, javascript, where interpolated strings
support nesting without escapes and thus can't be lexed without
parsing all their content.

> The point he's making is that we'd have to DUPLICATE that for a
> library solution.

If they supported full nested language, but they don't. So I see
no reason to assume that they should be difficult to parse.