D-man license

Seb seb at wilzba.ch
Wed Mar 20 12:09:40 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 20 March 2019 at 10:46:50 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> Does the d-man "logo" carry any license?

The d-man was added in
https://github.com/dlang/dlang.org/pull/359 by Marcil Martin and
as dlang.org was boost-licensed back then and considering that
the icon was made for dlang.org, I think it's safe to assume that
the author was okay with it being with it being Boost-licensed.

> Is the following its official home?
>   https://github.com/dlang-community/d-mans

Yes.

> Would there be legal issues if a corporation put it on e.g.
> their conference swag items?

I don't think that there's any problem, but I'm not a lawyer.

BTW the other d-mans in this repo are from
https://twitter.com/meiz_sandwich and he is also okay for it to
be used for any kind of D promotion. Unfortunately due to
language translation problems that's the only "license" we could
agree on back then.