DIP1000 finds stack corruption bug in std.socket

Jonathan Marler johnnymarler at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 14:20:50 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 20 March 2019 at 10:00:39 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> As of today I finally got all of Phobos to compile with
> DIP1000. The remaining issue is that things sometimes get
> mangled differently with DIP1000 than without, leading to
> linking errors.
>
> But it's working with all compiled with -dip1000.

I was working through this issue a year ago.  Created this thread
to discuss potential solutions:

"D Library Breakage"
https://forum.dlang.org/thread/nbdzcwlgzvdcxnecefdk@forum.dlang.org

I'd like to see a way for D to be able to pull compilation
settings from pre-compiled librarys.  Settings like what versions
they were compiled with, what optional features they used (i.e.
dip1000).  This way, the interpretation of the library code that
gets imported always matches what's actually in the pre-compiled
library.

This could be done by adding that information to the library file
or creating a new file that can be deployed alongside the library
with those pre-compiled settings.