Can we make mixin applications first class at the type level?

Stefan Koch uplink.coder at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 21 10:11:34 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 20 March 2019 at 17:34:49 UTC, sighoya wrote:
> Allowing
>
> mixin template GenInt()
> {
>     const char[] type="Int";
> }
>
> { ... }

I am already working on proper first class types for D.
Which don't have to go through strings to work.
However this work is progressing very slowly as my day-job and
newCTFE have higher priority.
Using strings and mixins to emulate first-class types may work
for some cases but will inevitably fall short for others.

I'd be interested in your usecase so I can add more do the
motivation section of my future DIP draft.

Cheers,
Stefan