[gsoc] On account of getting review on my idea for GSOC'19

Seb seb at wilzba.ch
Fri Mar 22 09:31:10 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 21 March 2019 at 17:46:45 UTC, Atul Kaushik wrote:
> I wish to work towards the Java community to profit even easier
> from D's features but I want to use JNA instead of JNI (I know
> about the previous work in 2013)? Can I use that?

Hi Atul,

thanks a lot for your interest in the D programming language.

I'm not sure what you're asking specifically, could you please
clarify your question?
Are you by any chance referring to 2018's JNI project proposal
[1]?

I think the general idea of this project was to make using D code
from Java seamless in a similar way that autowrap [2] makes using
D from Python or C# seamless.

> Also since D is fast, can we add inbuilt algorithms related to
> trees, pattern searching which makes it good for competitive
> programmers?

Which algorithms do you miss?
And how is this related to JNI? D already has lots of fast
algorithms, but if you're asking whether we can extend the
standard library with more, that would probably be a different
GSoC project.

[1]
https://wiki.dlang.org/GSOC_2018_Ideas#Java_Native_Interface_.28JNI.29_library
[2] https://github.com/kaleidicassociates/autowrap