[gsoc] graph library

Seb seb at wilzba.ch
Fri Mar 22 10:43:05 UTC 2019

On Saturday, 16 March 2019 at 13:42:24 UTC, Vasyl Teliman wrote:
> Hello.
>
> My name is Vasyl Teliman. I'm a software engineering student
> from Ukraine. I'd like to participate in GSoC from the D
> language foundation. There was an idea of implementing a graph
> library for D:
>
> https://wiki.dlang.org/GSOC_2017_Ideas#std.graph
>
> I would like to know the opinion of the @community on this
> topic. Also, if someone wants to mentor this project, I would
> be very happy to discuss all the details with him.
>
> Thanks in advance :)

Hi Vasyl,

thanks a lot for your interest in D.

I haven't worked with graphs for quite a while, but I think
Dgraph [1] is still the only existing graph library written in D.
Maybe someone else knows more about this?
@community: would you like to have a better graph library?

I was just thinking about this and if you love to work on graphs,
maybe we could combine this with a dub-related project (e.g. the
dependencies are a DAG too, though at the moment it's a Tree [2]).

> Also, if someone wants to mentor this project,

I think the best person to ask would be Joseph Wakeling
(https://github.com/WebDrake) as he's the author of Dgraph [1]
and was a GSoC mentor in the past.

[1] https://github.com/WebDrake/Dgraph
[2]