Generality creep

ag0aep6g anonymous at example.com
Thu Mar 28 13:04:28 UTC 2019

On 28.03.19 13:37, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> The conclusion is not to operate such changes everywhere (i.e. reason by
> analogy). The right conclusion is that save() is unnecessarily general
> and underspecified.

If you want to resolve the issue by amending the definition of ranges,
that's very fine with me. I'd much prefer that solution over going
through all of Phobos.

But if you focus on `save`, you're missing the point of issue 18657,
which is opAssign. A range can have a misbehaving opAssign without being
a forward range.