Feedback: using D in production for 3D products

Guillaume Lathoud gsub at glat.info
Thu Mar 28 13:22:48 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 28 March 2019 at 11:11:05 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
>> [...]
>
> Thanks a lot for this insights and your contributions. For me
> it would be interesting to hear whether there are any reasons
> to not use Dub. (The debug option is on by default here).
>
> Kind regards
> Andre

You're welcome. I forgot to mention that, yes, we've been using
dub in the production projects. To summarize:
  * when doing the very first steps to learn the language, with
rdmd, it is not obvious that flags have to be added to get a
better stacktrace on errors. It plays also a role when using rdmd
to run unit tests and debug them if they fail.
  * when doing the very first steps using Dub, it was not obvious
to me that -debug is the default.

Of course, once these two facts are known, the issues disappears
- but having just a few helping comments about this, even just
one sentence, targeted to beginners, might help others.

Best regards,
Guillaume