Generality creep

Bastiaan Veelo Bastiaan at Veelo.net
Fri Mar 29 10:25:28 UTC 2019

> On 3/28/19 10:03 PM, Jonathan Marler wrote:
>> On Thursday, 28 March 2019 at 18:30:24 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>>> We've been worrying too much about changing things.
>>>
>>> [...]
>>
>> This is a complete 180 from what you were saying a year ago. What
>> happened?
>
> "I'd rather be right than consistent." -- Winston Churchill

I too applaud this insight. As many may know, I'm helping a company move
away from a fossilized language and it has decided to make its business
depend on D. Although reacting to deprecations won't always come
convenient, distributing the cost of evolution is much more preferable
than making the massive investment they are in for now. So I'm sure they
appreciate seeing these signs of D staying dynamic, averting sedimentation.

Bastiaan.