Generality creep

Nicholas Wilson iamthewilsonator at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 31 02:08:11 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 31 March 2019 at 00:41:15 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
>> This would also be a great opportunity to fix some of the
>> issues with shared
>> in druntime
>
> The problem here is, of course, that nobody knows exactly what
> shared is supposed to do. Not even me. Not even Walter.

If that is the case then you should not be so hostile to
suggestions *cough *Manu *cough* to improve that (maybe that was
more Walter than you, I don't remember).

> One monumental piece of work would be DIP 1021 "Define the
> semantics of shared". Then people who build with -dip1021 know
> what to do and what to expect. Now that would patch one of the
> bigger holes mentioned in the other post.

Its in the vision section for the dconf AGM as:
shared ( and @safe and shared)