DIP 1020--Named Parameters--Community Review Round 1

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Sun Mar 31 15:53:53 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 31 March 2019 at 12:33:56 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> This is the feedback thread for the first round of Community
> Review for DIP 1020, "Named Parameters":
>
> https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/39dbbbe5e4618abd4c4b41eb0edd16547858ddf5/DIPs/DIP1020.md
>
> All review-related feedback on and discussion of the DIP should
> occur in this thread. The review period will end at 11:59 PM ET
> on April 14, or when I make a post declaring it complete.
>
> At the end of Round 1, if further review is deemed necessary,
> the DIP will be scheduled for another round of Community
> Review. Otherwise, it will be queued for the Final Review and
> Formal Assessment by the language maintainers.
>
> Please familiarize yourself with the documentation for the
> Community Review before participating.
>
> https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/master/PROCEDURE.md#community-review
>
> Thanks in advance to all who participate.

I still have the opinion we should go for in place struct
initialization first. Here we get named parameters implicit
without adding a complete new syntax. I also do not like the new
syntax <>.
Leveraging what inplace struct initialization syntax gives us,
seems a lot more reasonable in my opinion.

Kind regards
Andre