Potential regression?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Thu May 2 23:57:39 UTC 2019

After updating my dmd toolchain to the latest git master today, I
started getting strange random program lockups.  At first I thought it
was caused by passing the wrong druntime options (--DRT-*) that's
incompatible with the latest druntime, but then I started seeing
messages of this sort:

	core.sync.exception.SyncError@(0): Unable to unlock mutex.

The program in question uses std.parallelism.parallel to parallelize a
bunch of I/O-heavy tasks.  It has been working fine for many months now.
Did something break recently in std.parallelism or the core.sync.*
utilities that it presumably uses under the hood?

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.