GCC with D have been finally been released.

wjoe none at example.com
Fri May 3 20:31:25 UTC 2019

> GCC with D have been finally been released.

yes. YES. YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!

thank you so much :D

On Friday, 3 May 2019 at 17:52:22 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Fri, May 03, 2019 at 07:26:35PM +0200, Iain Buclaw via
> Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> On Fri, 3 May 2019 at 19:15, Johannes Pfau via Digitalmars-d
>> <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> [...]
>> >
>> > We'll merge this to gcc trunk shortly after the 2.086 test
>> > suite passes and GCC 10 stage 1 development opens (or has it
>> > already opened? I'm not sure).
>> >

>> GCC 10 stage 1 is open.  Time to destroy trunk!
> [...]
>
> Does this mean from GCC 10 onwards, GCC releases will closely
> track DMD releases, the same way LDC does?  *That* would be
> very, very nice indeed.

The requirement, as far as I understand, is: the last/previous
version must be able to build the new one. Hence it shouldn't be
a problem to use the latest DMD release from now on.

However, according to the release cycle [1] I'd expect something
like yearly DMD version granularity. (yearly granularity - how to
express that in English?)

[1] https://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/develop.html#timeline