Thoughts about unittest run order

John Colvin john.loughran.colvin at gmail.com
Tue May 7 08:49:15 UTC 2019

On Monday, 6 May 2019 at 18:13:37 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> In theory, the order in which unittests are run ought to be
> irrelevant. In practice, however, the order can either make
> debugging code changes quite easy, or very frustrating.
>
> [...]

Use a test runner that runs all the tests regardless of previous
errors? (and does them in multiple threads, hooray!)

https://github.com/atilaneves/unit-threaded

Then you'll at least get to know everything that failed instead
of just whatever happened to be lexically first.

I agree that some ordering system might improve the
time-to-narrow-down-bug-location a bit, but the above might be
acceptable nonetheless.