[OT] Granny-friendly Linux Distros?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Tue May 7 17:09:10 UTC 2019

On Tue, May 07, 2019 at 12:31:30PM -0400, Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> But of course, Windows updates don't even remotely resemble anything
> like the above. I have no idea how they've managed to come up
> with...whatever convoluted, insane, exponential-time bizarreness that
> Windows Update does in order to make an update happen...

It's probably because they need to run a solver for an NP-complete
problem in order to deal with Windows DLL hell. :-D :-D

"Houston, we have a zero-day security flaw!"

"Is the dev team on it?"

"Yeah, they will have a patch ready in an hour."

"Great, let's solve an NP-complete problem so that we can distribute
this patch to users as slowly as possible."

"Sounds like a great idea!"

I am Ohm of Borg. Resistance is voltage over current.