Binding for tesseract

Fred honohanf at gmail.com
Thu May 9 00:30:04 UTC 2019

wrote:
> On 2013-02-06 15:45, Andrea Fontana wrote:
>> It won't compile on ubuntu 12.10 64bit alternatives?
>
> Use the pre-compiled binary for 32bit.

Hey Jacob & Andrea,

I hate to drag this up from so long ago but I am very new to D
and have used your tool to convert the latest capi.c from the
tesseract-ocr library
(https://github.com/tesseract-ocr/tesseract/blob/master/src/api/capi.h)

And I am wondering how I go about simply importing it and using
it in my D project.

Here is the converted file, it worked with dstep with no errors:
https://pastebin.com/x1FgWjGj

And I called the output file tesseract_capi.d and put it in the
source directory of my project and am trying to import it into
one of my apps files named ocr.d as follows:

module ocr;
import std.stdio;
import tesseract_capi;

class ocr{
     TessBaseAPI *api;
     this(){
         this.api = TessBaseAPICreate();

And any attempt to build and run returns an: undefined reference
to `TessBaseAPICreate'

Should I be linking to the actual library in the dub.json? I
cannot seem to find any straightforward tutorial about importing
dstep converted files unfortunately.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you