"Stop Designing Languages. Write Libraries Instead."

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Thu May 9 09:42:56 UTC 2019

On Friday, 3 May 2019 at 04:14:56 UTC, Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa)
wrote:
> For example, most languages, including "Node"'s JavaScript,
> just aren't *capable* of what makes Vibe-d awesome.

Are you thinking about the ability to utilize the hardware or
something specific to web programming?

I only use node.js for prototyping, but it is built on top of
Chrome's engine which does support a lot of EcmasScript6 and thus
more advanced TypeScript usage. (ES6 improve on JS by providing
classes, generators etc). I haven't really gotten to use
generators much, but for web programming I'd say that is a
massive improvement.

Ola.