The D AGM

FeepingCreature feepingcreature at gmail.com
Mon May 13 07:34:02 UTC 2019

On Monday, 13 May 2019 at 05:27:00 UTC, Johan Coder wrote:
> - Form of meeting was.....  much to be improved.  Anyone could
> hold the microphone for any time and say whatever. No filter
> and honest some people said too little in too much (not sure
> how to express).  Many words with little content.  The person
> at https://youtu.be/cpTAtiboIDs?t=4462 loves to hear himself.

Please don't call people out like this. It's rude, offputting,
and in any case you are not the moderator.

Anyways, I have no idea what you want the organizers to do about
it. Make visitors preregister their questions?

> - Speaking of meeting moderator, who was that? Mike, Ethan or
> Nick? The moderator/s did a bad job at making the meeting work.
>  One problem is Nick was not organized and difficult to
> understand even.  More complicated is I don't understand Nicks
> role.  Was he chosen by the D foundation?  If so I suggest he
> is replaced for next year.  If not I did not see a process of
> election by the community.  Does it means he appointed himself?
>  Anyone can do that by collecting a random list of popular
> topics and saying he will hold an AGM?  That would be an even
> bigger problem.

History isn't made by those most qualified, but by those who
bothered to show up.

That said, yes, absolutely anyone can collect a random list of
popular topics and say they will hold an AGM. Of course, the
problem is getting people to pay attention...