The D AGM

Bastiaan Veelo Bastiaan at Veelo.net
Mon May 13 09:11:51 UTC 2019

On Monday, 13 May 2019 at 07:34:45 UTC, Johannes Loher wrote:
[...]
> Going forward, if we are to repeat the AGM next year, I believe
> we need to address these issues. In particular, we need to:
>
> 1. Define a clear purpose for the AGM.
> 2. Define a clear form / structure for the meeting.
> 3. Create a much better structured agenda (this could also mean
> that we
> simply need to explicitly exclude some of the points).
> 4. Define who is responsible for what in the AGM.
>
> This list is ordered by how important I believe the points to
> be but I firmly believe that we need to address all of them.
>
> I hope this helps in making the AGM a bigger success next time.
>
> Best regards,
> Johannes

The vision documents have not been working very well. The vision
was good, but they were not a very good indication of where the
language is going and what is being worked on and how. One
purpose of the AGM is that its records (I believe that Mike will
work on those) are hoped to replace the vision documents as a
more accurate and useful indication of where D is going, what its
vitality is etc. As this was the first AGM in this form, I don't
find it surprising that there are things to improve upon. I think
it worked out pretty well, and want to thank Nicholas for his
initiative. I think having a public AGM helps a lot to reach a
more harmonious and unified working community. Otherwise these
topics are discussed/complained about in the corridors within
their respective bubbles where they don't achieve much. To all
those criticising the agenda: it has been out there for comments
for a long time, but I dont think Nicholas has received much
feedback.

Bastiaan.