The D AGM

Robert Schadek rschadek at symmetryinvestments.com
Mon May 13 10:02:16 UTC 2019

On Monday, 13 May 2019 at 09:11:51 UTC, Bastiaan Veelo wrote:

> The vision documents have not been working very well. The
> vision was good, but they were not a very good indication of
> where the language is going and what is being worked on and
> how. One purpose of the AGM is that its records (I believe that
> Mike will work on those) are hoped to replace the vision
> documents as a more accurate and useful indication of where D
> is going, what its vitality is etc. As this was the first AGM
> in this form, I don't find it surprising that there are things
> to improve upon. I think it worked out pretty well, and want to
> thank Nicholas for his initiative. I think having a public AGM
> helps a lot to reach a more harmonious and unified working
> community. Otherwise these topics are discussed/complained
> about in the corridors within their respective bubbles where
> they don't achieve much. To all those criticising the agenda:
> it has been out there for comments for a long time, but I dont
> think Nicholas has received much feedback.
>
> Bastiaan.

A couple of started to move the vision document into the issue
tracker of this
https://github.com/dlang/projects github project. We also created
a couple of major milestones, individual issues should be
associated with.

The idea here is that, we use the same tools we manage
programming languages with for the english language.
If you think about it, what is a vision document. I would say it
is a program written in a very ambiguous programming language. So
why not use the same tool we all already know?

Next years AGM agenda will then be trivial to prepare.