The D AGM

Bastiaan Veelo Bastiaan at Veelo.net
Tue May 14 07:21:35 UTC 2019

On Monday, 13 May 2019 at 23:48:08 UTC, Johan Coder wrote:
> On Monday, 13 May 2019 at 22:24:53 UTC, James Thompson wrote:
>> On Monday, 13 May 2019 at 21:43:36 UTC, Guillaume Piolat wrote:
>>> It seems one lesson to take from this is that anonimity in
>>> these forums should not be an option.
>>
>> It would be interesting to try this for a couple of weeks and
>> see how the overall tone changes.
>>
>> If we're supposed to be following 'professional conduct' here
>> it doesn't seem too strange to have our actions affect our
>> professional reputations.
>
> I agree. If not even required I will post as myself if most
> other people do so.

I highly recommend not to post anonymously. I value the voice of
people way more if they don’t hide behind a pseudonym. If you
feel you need to be anonymous to protect your position at work
then I pity you, as I wouldn’t be working at a place like that. I
think everybody benefits when people post under their real name.
Not the least the poster, as every valuable contribution to a
discussion will add to her/his professional credibility.

Bastiaan.