D Language Specification

Bastiaan Veelo Bastiaan at Veelo.net
Tue May 14 07:47:36 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 14 May 2019 at 01:20:01 UTC, Dibyendu Majumdar wrote:

>>> Thank you - so changes should be submitted via pull requests?
>>>
>> yes, I think it is sufficient.
>
> Apologies if this question has been asked before. Is there a
> reason why the spec cannot be written in something like
> RestructuredText or Markdown? I ask because github natively
> supports these formats, which makes it easier / more productive.
>
> Thanks and Regards
> Dibyendu

All of dlang.org (as far as I can see) is written in ddoc, the D
embedded documentation format https://dlang.org/spec/ddoc.html.
It produces output in various formats, not just HTML. If you
don’t want to set up your local build of the website, then you
can still make the pull requests and inspect the results as built
by the testing bots that will be accessible from the PR page.
While you are iterating, you may want to prepend your PR title
with “[WIP]”.

Bastiaan.