ProtoObject and comparison for equality and ordering

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed May 15 00:58:50 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 15 May 2019 at 00:54:20 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> The nice thing is if we opt for a statically-checked solution
> the user will be able to make a decision on the signature of
> opCmp in their base class, and then go with it. Different
> hierarchies may even support different flavors of comparisons.

Yes, I agree with this.

I think the opCmp discussion should be moot, as a ProtoObject
should not be comparable anyway; it'd simply be a compile error
to try. Just like with trying to call any other method on it, you
need to explicitly cast it to some interface you've defined first.