Potential regression?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Wed May 15 16:16:24 UTC 2019

On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 05:48:06AM +0000, Seb via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Wednesday, 15 May 2019 at 05:39:53 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> > On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 01:09:39AM +0000, Exil via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> > [...]
> > > It's hard to follow your posts, they are creating new threads
> > > instead of being in the thread you are replying to.
> >
> > It's not a problem on my end, the problem is the Mailman gateway
> > that interfaces with the NNTP server.  It's not translating the
> > message IDs correctly.  Please file a bug against Mailman.
[...]
> For references:
>
> https://github.com/CyberShadow/DFeed/issues/99
>
> Though of course you could just switch from the mailing list to the
> forum or NNTP.

It's an added burden to use a different MUA just for NNTP, or to use the
inefficient resource hog of a browser just for this.  Since the mailing
list is an "officially" supported interface, it's technically not really
*my* responsibility to fix a problem in software that isn't under my
control.

Error: Keyboard not attached. Press F1 to continue. -- Yoon Ha Lee, CONLANG