WhatsApp BO critical security vulnerability

Exil Exil at gmall.com
Thu May 16 01:19:41 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 15 May 2019 at 22:45:44 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Wednesday, 15 May 2019 at 22:42:34 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
>> Given the frequency and severity of buffer overflow and other
>> memory-related bugs, people need a serious wakeup call to
>> migrate away from languages that do not enforce bounds
>> checking...
>

> And this is why I *never* use dmd's -release or -boundscheck
> switches. Just not worth the risk of taking out those checks.

Depends on what you are doing, I always have those switches
turned on, it's not worth the performance hit. Wouldn't be
surprised if it had something to do with data received over the
network. I always see people write code with assumptions that the
data will be valid. A good assumption would be that it can't be
trusted.