WhatsApp BO critical security vulnerability

Mike Franklin slavo5150 at yahoo.com
Thu May 16 04:14:05 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 15 May 2019 at 22:45:44 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:

> And this is why I *never* use dmd's -release or -boundscheck
> switches. Just not worth the risk of taking out those checks.

Can we deprecate that for -release?  With the -boundscheck flag,
don't users already have everything they need to disable it if
they need to?

But even if we can't, if the DIP to make D safe-by-default is
approved, a side benefit is that -release will enable
-boundscheck=safeonly, and then users can utilize -release with
more confidence.

Mike