[OT] Unity's HPC#

evilrat evilrat666 at gmail.com
Thu May 16 09:15:28 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 16 May 2019 at 08:17:26 UTC, Dukc wrote:

> The reason one might choose D is that if it still stays
> reasonably close to the best ones, you can use the same
> language for systems programming. With the alternatives I
> mentioned, one might need to use two langugages when there's
> need to do, for example, data crunching. This can be a bigger
> disadvantage for some than the lack of some web related bells
> and whistles in D.

That HR guy(or gal) makes it pretty clear, there is no other
activities exists except weeb development. Who's in their own
mind needs a language that doesn't do *THAT*-only thing? Nobody!

And also I find the fact that web folk saying that normal OS's is
in decline and web is the next desktop just silly, like if there
is no browser thing exists and they run their Electron apps
directly on our hardware (phew, hardware? so archaic. can't wait
to see the fancy sci-fi holograms that descends straight from the
clouds)