Can Walter stop living in the future? (meta)

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Thu May 16 16:46:13 UTC 2019

On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 11:59:48AM -0400, Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> It would be cool if the server just re-timestamped things if they are
> so far out of date (+/- 30 minutes should be enough). I've had posts
> from the PAST show up, because my outbox for some reason got stuck,
> and I didn't notice for a few days.
[...]

Seriously, everyone should just store (and transmit) all dates in UTC
always. Let the software format it according to the local timezone when
it needs to be displayed.  Then there would be no problems.

But alas, I only dream...

Don't modify spaghetti code unless you can eat the consequences.