Official DLang logo re: Google?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Thu May 16 16:45:19 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 16 May 2019 at 16:33:12 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 5/16/2019 2:41 AM, Ethan wrote:
>> Just something I noticed with a recommended Google search last
>> night:
>>
>> https://imgur.com/bU5SvGR
>> https://imgur.com/yqfHkx4
>>
>> All the cool new languages have their logo show up on Google
>> listings like that. Which I assumed were just scraped from
>> Wikipedia. D does not. Following the rabbit hole, it turns out
>> that Google is preferring a screenshot of a code-completion
>> plugin for some random text editor.
>
> Checking several, there is no consistency about where the
> images are pulled from.

Right, no simple consistency, but the languages which were
assigned non-logo images had in common that they displayed images
of source-code.

So it is not unlikely that Google, when it lacks other
information, looks for similar-looking images that are displayed
on pages which cover the topic.

However, Google Search formally does support the display of logos
for organizations as structured data (schema.org).