Official DLang logo re: Google?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Thu May 16 17:54:06 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 16 May 2019 at 16:45:19 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> However, Google Search formally does support the display of
> logos for organizations as structured data (schema.org).

Or to be more precise, you can provide a hint of what the logo
ought to be. E.g. the Apple logo is picked up from structured
data from a random page.

But it seems that this could be open to abuse (e.g. someone
replacing it with something offensive), so I assume it might only
have a relevancy weight associated with it and that Google then
picks  representative images from other sites (making it
difficult to change the image for "political purposes").

Hence, your best bet is to get high ranking webpages that mention
D to use the logo (as well as adding structured data).