Does D have equivalent of Java util.concurrent?

Tony tonytdominguez at aol.com
Fri May 17 08:52:22 UTC 2019

On Friday, 17 May 2019 at 06:36:05 UTC, Heromyth wrote:

> The most copyright notices are retained. All the code are
> porting from OpenJDK 8/11.

I have wondered what the copyright requirements are in porting a
library from one language to another. I notice that for
String.java

http://www.docjar.com/html/api/java/lang/String.java.html

String.d,

https://github.com/huntlabs/hunt/blob/master/source/hunt/String.d

you have removed the copyright notices of Oracle while trying to
maintain some amount of their API. And also retaining their
comments, for instance:

/**
  * The {@code String} class represents character strings. All
  * string literals in Java programs, such as {@code "abc"}, are
  * implemented as instances of this class.
  * <p>
  * Strings are constant; their values cannot be changed after they
  * are created. String buffers support mutable strings.
  * Because String objects are immutable they can be shared. For
example:

In asking about a port like this, people have claimed that the
Oracle copyright should be in your source files.