Named unittests

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Fri May 17 18:16:56 UTC 2019

On Friday, 17 May 2019 at 17:42:16 UTC, KnightMare wrote:
> On Monday, 30 March 2015 at 21:52:35 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
> wrote:
>> we need named unittests
>
> 4 years have passed. what the status of subj?

I am not sure wheter adding named unittests to the language give
that much benefit.

Projects developers want to integrate unittest results into build
pipelines and having nice reports which shows directly the source
code of failing tests. The luxury version is e.g. that Jenkins
sent in case of unittest failures an email to the relevant
developers.

I use the dub package dunit. It is small, easy, without any
dependencies and it creates an QUnit compatible XML report which
opens all possibilities mentioned above.

Kind regards
Andre