"Stop Designing Languages. Write Libraries Instead."

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Sat May 18 17:18:48 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 9 May 2019 at 16:39:32 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
(Abscissa) wrote:
> On 5/9/19 5:42 AM, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
>> On Friday, 3 May 2019 at 04:14:56 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
>> (Abscissa) wrote:
>>> For example, most languages, including "Node"'s JavaScript,
>>> just aren't *capable* of what makes Vibe-d awesome.
>>
>> Are you thinking about the ability to utilize the hardware or
>> something specific to web programming?
>
> I'm referring to the no-callback behind-the-scenes approach to
> async.

I haven't done async in node.js, but I thought you could use
TypeScript/EcmaScript 6 with async/await?

In that case I think it is supposed to use generators/yield,
which basically is the same as coroutines? So no callbacks?

So you would set up promises and await that they end before
responding by using:

const promises = [callAsync1(), callAsync2(), callAsync3() ]
results = await Promise.all(promises)

or something like that.