We already have --DRT-run-unittests. It's -unittest -main. Simple!

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sun May 19 18:45:19 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 19 May 2019 at 17:42:58 UTC, Jonathan Marler wrote:
> I solved that with rund...have you tried it?

No, I thought rund was just a fixed rdmd. Does it run the tests
too?

Specifically what I'm worried about is the separate
instantiations of the compiler for:

1) dmd -options allcode.d
2) dmd -unittest -main allcode.d

Andrei's idea includes running both those simultaneously, which I
believe has potential, just I wanna benchmark build times too.
Cuz with the status quo -unittest, it is possible to use one
build for both that maybe - maybe - can be worth it for faster
builds.

I did a quick test and it hit me with a 15% cost, even when
parallelized. But, maybe the code could be written better, and
maybe 15% is worth it.