Interesting article and discussion about Python's standard library

Francis Locke f.locke at flmail.su
Sun May 19 18:54:03 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 19 May 2019 at 13:39:04 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
> On Sunday, 19 May 2019 at 04:10:22 UTC, ikod wrote:
> D and Go are not scripting languages! Scripting languages need
> builtins that enable fast deployment and quick fixes.
I don't know about Go, but I use D for "scripting," a lot. (Go
rdmd!) Both D and Python can be described as general-purpose
languages. (Hell, D's landing page advertises it as such.) And a
good general-purpose language, for me, is one that gives a nice,
stable stdlib that allows you to build your initial solution
without having to worry about dependencies. In fact, I wish D's
stdlib was bigger! Ms. Brown has ostensibly lost sight of this.