Named unittests and __traits(getModules)

Johannes Loher johannes.loher at fg4f.de
Mon May 20 20:07:11 UTC 2019

On Monday, 20 May 2019 at 16:38:39 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
(Abscissa) wrote:
> On 5/19/19 2:56 PM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> I'm staring a new thread here on the topic of Name unittests
>> because the existing one is getting too long [1].
>>
>> [1]
>> https://forum.dlang.org/thread/mfcgj3$12a0$1@digitalmars.com
>
> Keep in mind, most of that thread is from 4 years ago.
>
> But, umm, seriously dudes...we have unit-threaded now. Takes
> care of all that and then some. Just make it official, bake to
> into Phobos or whatever, and be done with it. Don't we have
> more important things to do than re-implement stuff we already
> have that's *already* working quite well?
>
> I mean seriously, we've got people highly averse to *small, but
> actual, improvements*, but completely re-implementing something
> that's already working very well is worthwhile??? WAT???
>
> (Or am I misunderstanding the gist of the small, non-outdated
> branch of that thread?)

unit-threaded is great but it requires a prebuild command to
gather all the modules. Can’t really make that official...

This is also not currently fixable on a library level because
there is no way to reflect on what modules are being compiled.
Adding a way to do this is basically what Jacob was suggesting.