Named unittests and __traits(getModules)

Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Tue May 21 02:40:12 UTC 2019

On 5/20/19 4:07 PM, Johannes Loher wrote:

> unit-threaded is great but it requires a prebuild command to gather all
> the modules. Can’t really make that official...
>
> This is also not currently fixable on a library level because there is
> no way to reflect on what modules are being compiled. Adding a way to do
> this is basically what Jacob was suggesting.

Ahh, right, right, I gotcha. And TBH, that's been LOOOOONG standing
giant gaping hole in D's reflection. Would be fantastic to finally get
that fixed even regardless of the unittest stuff. IIRC, that was also
the one main technical issue in the way of being able to build a
Java-style runtime reflection system on top of D's compiletime
reflection (well, that and the odd choice of reflection not being able
to see through private, which has luckily been fixed now AIUI).