Interesting article and discussion about Python's standard library

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Wed May 22 09:16:28 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 22 May 2019 at 08:00:15 UTC, Paolo Invernizzi wrote:
> And that's why a simple vue.js project on my machine gives a
> node_modules directory that's crowded as a termite mound ...
>
> Please no ...

Plain npm  usage does not seem to pull in two versions of the
same library.

What is common is to have one module for a single function.
That's what the directory bloat comes from. So node_modules look
more crowded than it actually is. A lot of those functions belong
in a standard library though.

For instance Angular pulls in:

nice-try: call a function and discard exceptions
once: throw an error if the function is called twice
onetime: a function returns a cached value if called many times
extend: merge two objects
extend-shallow: merge in properties from other object

And so on…