DMD supports ranges, but druntime can't see them?

Mike Franklin slavo5150 at yahoo.com
Thu May 23 07:40:20 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 23 May 2019 at 07:26:34 UTC, Mike Franklin wrote:
> On Thursday, 23 May 2019 at 07:17:19 UTC, Manu wrote:
>
>> So, std.range.primitives -> core.range ?
>
> Take your best guess, submit a PR and see what the reviewers
> say.
>  If I had to make a decision, I'd just mimic what's in Phobos
> (i.e. replace `std` with `core`), unless there's a good reason
> not to.

A more conservative approach would be to put them in
`core.internal`.  `core.internal.traits` is already there.  My
understanding is that anything in `core.internal` is not intended
for public consumption, so we could start there without
committing to a public interface that we'd have to maintain.  It
can always be exposed publicly later when the future becomes more
clear.

Mike