Surfing on wave.. WASM

Sebastiaan Koppe mail at skoppe.eu
Mon May 27 14:28:56 UTC 2019

On Monday, 27 May 2019 at 12:33:16 UTC, KnightMare wrote:
> In case WASM is future of WEB/EmbeddedVM Dlang should ride the
> wave.
> This means not only compile to WASM/WASI by compilers but bring
> to it Dlang-RT (bytecode it not useful without some RT).
> When Dlang can generate same program for WASM as for terminal
> (with same RT not only "u can use templates only") it will lead
> a lot of people to Dlang, it will lead business too with money
> cause they want it, they ready to pay for it.
> No?

I had some spare hours a couple of weeks ago, so I started
porting druntime to WASI. It is far from complete and at some
point I definitely need some druntime expert to help me out when
I invariably get stuck.

Or you can just use betterC and write D with WASI right now.

https://github.com/skoppe/ldc/tree/wasi
https://github.com/skoppe/druntime/tree/wasi
https://github.com/skoppe/phobos/tree/wasi