Surfing on wave.. WASM

KnightMare black80 at bk.ru
Mon May 27 20:47:38 UTC 2019

>> with 2 such things Dlang will rise to heaven - scripting,
>> protocol adapters, dynamically types interop, serialization
>> from and to different formats, so formatters, ORM in runtime
>> with schemas from DB-connection, GUI scripts as QML...
>> (and we will get C#? :) )
>
> We already have all that stuff fyi.

The fact is that you cannot run this material in WASM.
Speaking figuratively:
We guessed all the letters, but we cannot read the word in the
“wheel of fortune”.
We are standing on a platform with people and want to get into
the country of WASM. Which train comes first (rust, D, C++,
Kotlin) and will be comfortable enough for these people (and we
just hope/expect D-train on this forum), most people will board
it, and when these people reach and call to others, that they
drove well, and in this country everything is fine, the rest of
the people (and new ones that will appear later) also gather on
the trains of this company.

Writing CLI-tools on D is enough for now. Improvements to this
can wait a year. We must look around and fight for people with
their wallets and fresh blood for the future. Building this train
can bring a lot of gold to D. And, probably, you will have 6-12
months to be on the first line.