[GSoC] Dataframes for D

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Wed May 29 18:41:28 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 29 May 2019 at 18:00:02 UTC, Prateek Nayak wrote:
> [snip]

Glad to see progress being made on this!

Somewhat tangentially on the interoperability, I have also made
quite a bit of use with R's data.frames. One difference between
that and what I have seen of the implementation is that R's
data.frames allow for different columns to be different types.
This makes certain kinds of analysis of groups very easy. For
instance, right now I'm working with a dataset whose columns are
doubles, dates, integers, bools, and strings. I can do the
equivalent of groupby on the strings as "factors" in R and it's
pretty straightforward to get everything working nicely.