[GSoC] Dataframes for D

James Blachly james.blachly at gmail.com
Thu May 30 02:16:16 UTC 2019

On 5/29/19 2:00 PM, Prateek Nayak wrote:
 > (snip)

Outstanding, and greatly needed. Congratulations to you and your mentors.

Our lab has transitioned to D for new software but still relies on
python+pandas for some analytics pipelines.

I second the notions about importance of interoperability. An
interesting in-memory interop framework I haven't seen mentioned here
yet is Apache Arrow. In this 2017 blog post, Wes McKinney, the author of
Pandas, discusses it in the context of mistakes made designing pandas;
recommended reading if you have not:

https://wesmckinney.com/blog/apache-arrow-pandas-internals/