[GSoC] Dataframes for D

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Thu May 30 09:33:51 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 30 May 2019 at 03:38:50 UTC, Prateek Nayak wrote:
> [snip]
>
> The DataFrame currently uses Mir's ndslice at the core of it
> which allows for homogeneous data to be stored within it.
> Right now, we are considering operable data to be homogeneous
> keeping the API simpler.
> I'm not sure how something like Variant will play out in this
> scenario. It may allow for data to be flexible but parsing will
> probably require an assertion library.

It's probably smart to focus on getting the homogeneous case
working first.

I don't think of it as the entire thing being Variant, so much as
a tuple containing 1-dimensional mir slices that are all the same
length. The idea is that each column should have its own type. I
had done a simple implementation of this a year or so ago and had
shown Ilya.