[GSoC] Dataframes for D

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Thu May 30 09:40:54 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 30 May 2019 at 04:38:09 UTC, Prateek Nayak wrote:

> On a second thought, my mentor Nicholas Wilson led me to an
> interesting Github Gist
> -> https://gist.github.com/aG0aep6G/a1b87df1ac5930870ffe
>
> A similar structure can be used to represent non homogeneous
> data. The DataFrame structure can be overloaded for such an
> integration. However homogeneous DataFrame still remain the
> main objective for now. This integration will definitely happen
> once the homogeneous DataFrame comes close to looking and
> working like an actual DataFrame.
>
> I'll keep you updated here in case I find anything better for
> non homogeneous data and when the whole things starts to take
> shape.

Hmm, my point above was for a tuple of mir slices, which seems to
correspond more to a struct of arrays. I wonder if your
implementation would be able to take an array of structs approach
using built-in mir. I know mir can handle complex numbers, which
requires a struct. I don't know off the top of my head how it can
handle more generally a slice whose type is a struct.