DConf Videos, Why?

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Fri May 31 05:19:12 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 30 May 2019 at 18:27:52 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 12:18:11PM -0600, Jonathan M Davis via
> Digitalmars-d wrote: [...]
>> I can appreciate people wanting the videos sooner, but it
>> sounds like we're doing quite well with them this year.
> [...]
>
> It would be very, very nice if next DConf we hired a dedicated
> A/V team to ensure that the first-day hiccups never happen
> again. It's becoming something of a trend to lose the first day
> talks or otherwise not have them available / clipped / glitched
> / whatever, and that's not a good thing.

We had a dedicated A/V team this year to do the recordings and
the venue team to do the live stream. We had a dedicated A/V team
last year to do both, as the venue had none of their own.

Each conference provides us with lessons to apply to the next. No
conference goes off without hiccups. Most are behind the scenes.
In terms of video, we learned last year not to rely on one setup
for live streaming and recording. This year we applied it. This
year, we learned not to use WebEx for live streaming. Or, better,
to always request the team use YouTube for the stream.