[SAoC] 'DPP with Linux kernel headers' Project Thread

Cristian Becerescu cristian.becerescu at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 3 16:37:36 UTC 2019

On Saturday, 2 November 2019 at 17:02:45 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> On 2019-11-01 21:39, Cristian Becerescu wrote:
>
>> Sorry for taking so long to reply.
>>
>> I've written a simple example where dpp fails to generate
>> valid D code for the problem I mention earlier. The example is
>> in this gist (for syntax highlighting):
>> https://gist.github.com/cbecerescu/9a114bb92b23bd8e275a8eae08c6cc2f
>
> Wow, that's complicated.

When encountering anonymous structs or unions, dpp gives them a
name. And this forces dpp to declare a member of that
'now-named-anon' record type and also provide accessors for the
'now-named-anon' record (because unnamed records also implicitly
declare a member of their type).